Welcome to the world of stars! This plug-in for Photoshop simulates star lens filters (also known as cross screen filters) - it adds star streaks to lights and highlights in an image. It can create a 4, 6, 8, or 16 point star filter effect (or any number from 2 to 16). It also allows you to adjust parameters such as angle and falloff while seeing the results updated in real time.
Because highlights in digital photos are often clamped, we added a highlight boost feature to extend the dynamic range of 8 and 16 bit/channel images. The filter also handles HDR (high dynamic range) images correctly.
Windows: 2 GB of RAM, Adobe Photoshop CS2 - CS6, or CC*
Mac: Intel processor, 2 GB of RAM, Adobe Photoshop CS3 - CS6, or CC
The demo version is fully functional and will not expire, but will add a watermark to the image.
You can download it from the links below:
*the installer will prompt you to locate the Photoshop plug-in directory if using the Creative Cloud version.
New in version 2.0:
- Support for 64 bit versions of Photoshop
- Cutoff slider, which allows you to apply the filter to only the bright parts of the image
- 16 point star filter added
- New brightness slider, to help avoid over-saturation
- Improved highlight boost
- Progress slider
- More responsive user interface
- Resolved potential compatibility problems